I've been observing a lot of classes, but I hardly see the teacher who can do this "walking between desks" in basic ways.
If I have to choose a word, most of the teachers do really nonsense ways that are so to speak "just stroll between desks".
Hey Yukiko, Masaki seems to say "I don't want to hear you". You should talk toward one who doesn't want to hear from you."
Yukiko, just ask Masaki like,
"What do you think about it, Masaki."
1. You stand nearby his/her desk as if it didn't matter.
2. You don't see him/her. You don't make eye contact.
3. Depending on the condition, you can place your hand on his/her desk naturally. (not always)
4. You should make eye contact with the whole class.
5. You proceed with your class lesson at the place.
6. In the case of after making some instructions to let them do something, you can tap his/her shoulder casually, or you can say something a little to him/her. (not always)
If you leave from the teacher's desk, you can't see the instruction plan on the desk. So you never be able to leave there. If so, your instruction would be the worst level that is definitely amateur.
Needless to say that it's important to prepare your instruction plan in detail. It's also important to write your plans down to the planning papers. It's also important to practice as much as you can and to simulate for avoiding the situation that you stop in the middle of the class lessons.
But when you started your class, you should never look at such the "papers". You should abandon the papers. If you often glanced at the papers, the students will become anxious.
You should do your class by just only something in your brain's memories. That would be helpful to keep your rhythm and tempo of your class. You can do more flexible interaction with kids.
|Looking at the instruction plan during your class is as same as actors look at the script on the stages.|
They can't run the class without looking at the "Instruction book" or "Teaching plan" on the teacher's desk.
The standing position that you go through between the students.
The position that you can send your energy to kids.
the place where shifts your position to the corner a little.
1. You should just stand without moving.
2. You should face your body toward the students.
3. You should try to be conscious of making eye contact with each student.